Real Health Talk ©
With Craig Stellpflug NDC, Health Coach, Neuro Development Consultant
"It's your health we are talking about!"
< Home Page
Basal Body Temperature Chart
At home test for Thyroid and Adrenal function
Taking the Basal Body Temperature
Craig Stellpflug NDC Healing Pathways Medical Clinic
6930 E. 1st St. Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Ph (480) 699-7400 Fax (480) 947-1901
It is BEST to have a “shake down” thermometer. Digitals may be used but are definitely not as accurate and thus throw the whole process off. Drug stores carry ovulation/Basal Body digital thermometers which are possibly ok but sometimes show hugely inaccurate fluctuations. I cannot stress enough the importance of a good thermometer as this will be the guiding light of treatment. You will not want an inaccurate thermometer as this will be your testing “lab”.
* Shake down thermometer the night before and place on nightstand.
* The very first thing upon awakening in the morning, place thermometer in armpit for 10 minutes or if digital, until it beeps.
* This must be done before getting out of bed, stirring about, etc. If forgotten about, then skip this day and take temperature the next morning.
* Record temperature on graph sometime during the day and shake down thermometer again to repeat the following morning.
* If temperatures are stabile and do not vary more than two tenths of a degree, then take temperature for 5 to 7 days.
* If the temperatures vary more than several tenths, then record for 7 to 10 days.
* Women get the most accurate readings on the 2nd to 3rd day of menses and following.
* Very young children may have a rectal temperature taken and the scale will be adjusted to account for the fact of an increased temperature.
* Best to take temperature after 12 hours of no food, exercise, or sexual excitement.
<Back to Craig's Published Articles
Natural News Articles by Craig>
Radio Show Archives link>
<Back to Home Page
Search this website