What is Neurodevelopment?
Neurodevelopment is the developmental approach to how the brain develops, what goes wrong in the brain development and, most importantly, what to do to fix the brain when disorder occurs.
Neurodevelopmental assessments and therapies are the means whereby you can evaluate and correct brain disorders, brain injuries and developmental delays by assessing motor, cognizant, academic, emotional and neuro-processing functions along with sensory integration abilities.
Utilizing the principles of brain development and neuroplasticity, an individual therapy program is then designed for the patient. The therapies program will cause aberrant brain development to progress and advance new neurological pathways around damaged areas of the brain. The developmental therapies also improve motor, cognizance, academic, emotional, neuro-processing and sensory integration abilities.
Neurodevelopmental assessments and therapies are excellent for developing the human potential in regards to sports abilities and academic achievement. It is a way to accelerate the brain’s learning processes and coordinate the brain with the body for superior motor function.
Neurodevelopmental assessments and therapies are not medical treatments but rather address neurological organization, processing skills, and developmental deficits.
The Development Approach
The Developmental Approach works with:
- Children · Adults · Brain Injuries: Regaining Mobility · Cognizance · Educational Abilities
- Sports: Improving Mobility · Decision Making Skills
- Academics: Improving reading and math abilities · Accelerated learning
- Enuresis (bed-wetting)
- Remediating Symptoms of: ADD/ADHD · PDD · Autism · Down Syndrome · Learning Disabilities · Cerebral Palsy · Developmental Delays · Brain Injuries · Other brain disorders
- Improves the neuro-efficiency of “normal” individuals to accelerate educational and vocational skills
Discover more on how the brain develops and how to fix developmental disorder in this series called:
“Fixing the Brain Books 1-6”
Authored by Neurodevelopment Consultant Craig Stellpflug NDC, CNC, Healing Pathways Medical Clinic Scottsdale, AZ
Copyright 2007 Craig Stellpflug© Permission is hereby granted to copy and distribute this article but only in its entirety