What’s wrong with OTR pain relievers, what causes pain and natural solutions for pain radio show notes from 3/27/12
How to avoid toxic pain relievers with natural pain remedies
What is pain? Pain is a warning signal. God designed pain as part of the healing process. In Genesis chapter 3 we see pain/sorrow inflicted upon both women and men. The earth became cursed until Revelations 21:4 ~ And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Until then we have pain. When we interfere with pain we interfere with the healing process. Burns do not heal correctly and headaches rebound and grow worse with pain relievers. Bones heal slower and fevers recur at regular intervals when you block the process with pain killers.
Pain treatment: we’re doing it wrong
In our modern medicine practices, we strive to artificially lower fever, mask and generally interfere with pain, artificially combat swelling, hypertension, diabetes, and body cholesterol. What we are failing to see is that these are all normal body responses and even champion efforts by our bodies to correct what is wrong and bring healing. We are “the dog that bites the master’s hand” when it comes to disease treatment. Instead of supporting the body’s efforts we maliciously block them and continually interfere with them. We do everything conventional medicine dictates and then we wonder why we just get
Legal medications like painkillers and sedatives now send as many Americans to emergency rooms each year as hardcore street drugs–1 million people.
People make poor health care decisions not because they necessarily agree with the medical treatment, but rather because they don’t recognize their choices to make an informed decision.
Fevers and pain are not caused by too little aspirin!
Interfere with fever and risk asthma. The asthma epidemic of today took off in the 1980s when doctors stopped giving aspirin to children with fevers, turning to acetaminophen. They did this when it was discovered that aspirin was linked to Reye’s syndrome in children. Dr. Arthur Varner argued that the switch to acetaminophen might have fueled the increase in asthma. Since then, over 20 studies have supported this theory, including a large analysis of data on more than 200,000 children that found an increased risk of asthma among children who had taken acetaminophen.
Aspirin for pain: Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) is a synthesized version of a compound originally discovered in willow bark. But you can’t patent an herb! So Big Pharma conjures up a synthetic form of the original and patents it and that’s what the medical Mecca now promotes.
Aspirin Side Effects: One of the more common dangerous side effects of the regular use of aspirin is intestinal bleeding. Other side effects include ulcers, kidney dysfunction, and stroke, heartburn or indigestion, stomach and abdominal cramping or discomfort, bruising, heavy bleeding – particularly gastrointestinal bleeding, skin rash, swelling of the lips, mouth, throat, trouble breathing, dizziness, nausea, vomiting and tinnitus–a ringing or buzzing sound in the ears
Over-the-counter painkillers kill early…very early. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen boost miscarriage rates by a phenomenal 240%! Pregnant women who gobble down these bad medications during pregnancy lose their babies 36% of the time.
COX-2 inhibitors are: aspirin, indomethacin (Indocin), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), naproxen (Naprosyn), piroxicam (Feldene), and nabumetone (Relafen). NSAIDs work by causing malfunction–they block the production of prostaglandins, chemical messengers and responders that often are responsible for the pain and swelling of inflammatory conditions.
Professor Rothwell published a study in 2007 which found that aspirin was a major cause of stroke in the elderly and had caused a 7-fold increase in strokes over the past 25 years among elderly patients. At the time, he warned that aspirin could soon replace high blood pressure as the leading cause of stroke among the elderly.
Researchers from Virginia Medical School, who examined medical records of hospital deaths, estimated that the drug aspirin is killing around 20,000 in the US alone.
Randomized clinical trials testing aspirin in 5011 elderly people showed that use of aspirin caused a 4-fold increase in hemorrhagic stroke along with an increase in ischemic stroke.
As noted in the 1999 Associated Press article titled “The Silent Epidemic”, death by analgesics, like aspirin is the 15th most common cause of death in America.
The American Journal of Medicine reported that conservative calculations estimate that approximately 107,000 patients are hospitalized annually for NSAID-related gastrointestinal complications and at least 16,500 NSAID-related deaths occur each year among arthritis patients alone
Each year 1600 children die from taking aspirin.
Aspirin is an anti-nutrient, depleting the body folic acid, iron, potassium, sodium, and vitamin C.
Symptoms of folic acid depletion include anemia, birth defects, elevated homocysteine–a major heart disease risk factor, fatigue, headache, insomnia, diarrhea, increased infection and hair loss.
Millions of people already take daily aspirin due to doctors’ advice and mainstream propaganda that daily aspirin will prevent heart attacks and strokes. What aspirin does is enable thinner blood to be more easily pushed through clogged arteries.
Heart attacks and NSAIDs
Researchers looked at data on 83,677 heart attack patients, 42% whom had been given NSAIDs. They found that heart attack survivors given OTC aspirin and other NSAIDs were 45% more likely to have a second attack or die inside of 1 week after the first attack. By 90 days, the aspirin taker’s risk increased to 55%. What do you think of your aspirin now?
Aspirin therapy: There’s no credible evidence that proves “aspirin therapy” can lower heart risk. But there is with fish oil! The best way to lower your heart risk is through better eating and fish oil capsules. Omega-3 fatty acids will do a much better job of boosting your cardiovascular health and they come with none of the risks of daily aspirin use.
Going blind on aspirin: Aspirin is a very potent blood thinner and it causes macular degeneration. Worse than that, it is the wet form of macular degeneration caused by leaking blood vessels in the eyes. If you’re a senior and take a daily aspirin, you now have double the risk of losing your vision. How about taking some fish oil instead? It can help thin your blood naturally without the laundry list of effects that aspirin has.
Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are the most common approach used to treat osteoarthritis. Aside from the typical side effects (kidney and stomach problems, etc.) is that if these OTRs are used regularly, they inhibit healing. A non-steroidal anti-inflammatory will usually reduce knee pain for several hours; however, the time it takes for the knee to heal will be extended due to NSAID use.
Want another headache? The common OTC pain relievers not only cause rebound headaches but a recent study finds that NSAIDs can boost the risk of kidney cancer in men and women alike by 50 percent. Find the cause of the headache and fix it peeps!
What do you remember about Hippocrates? The Father of Medicine was born 460 B.C. and is most noted for his infamous corpus, “First do no harm.” So where are we today? Hippocrates would “turn over the money changer’s tables and clear the temple” so-to-speak if he were alive today to have any say in modern medicine. Did you know that Hippocrates also asserted, “Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food”? He was right, we are wrong… Dead wrong… and harming hundreds of thousands of trusting sheople because food and nutrition no longer plays any role in medicine.
Naproxen and Aleve: Naproxen, iclofenac, and etoricoxib are OTC pain-killers that cause ovulation problems in women. Recent study numbers tell it all: Women taking diclofenac (Cambia, Zipsor, Zorvolex) only ovulate 6.3% of the time. Women taking naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn) fare somewhat better, coming in at 25% of ovulation. Women ovulate 27% of the time while taking Eetoricoxib. The women in the control group who took no chemical OTC pain relievers ovulated 100% of the time. The truth is that Big Pharma chemicals used to mask pain and inflammation symptoms bring a devastating effect on fertility.
Ovarian cysts while taking Aleve: A full one-third of study participants who took the above NSAIDS also developed functional cysts in just 10 days. The fact is that some 30 million people currently take this legal poison every day.
Tylenol for pain: Acetaminophen actually causes boomerang pain that grows in frequency and intensity. In 2008, J &J staged a “stealth recall” by paying another company to secretly buy up defective Motrin packets from stores. This generated investigations by Congress and the FDA. Really? 2008 and they are still investigating this chicanery? Now a Washington state couple is suing Johnson & Johnson, alleging their toddler son was killed after taking defective Children’s Tylenol from a batch that had been recalled but not properly or timely removed. The lawsuit accuses them of “willful and reckless conduct which needlessly caused the death of (the boy) simply to preserve the continuation of their billion-dollar revenue streams of pediatric medicines.” Time for a corporate death sentence if you ask me…
Take 2 Tylenol in your hand, drink a glass of water, throw the Tylenol away… headache gone! Dutch researchers looked at data from 119 randomized controlled clinical trials on headaches, and found a comparable recovery rate of 38.5% for patients who took placebos. It is the water that you drink with it that does the job. Not the liver-toxic-internal bleeding-hearing-sex-problems-Tylenol.
Want more lymphoma? Take Tylenol! According to the latest study, taking a mere four acetaminophen per week for 4 years could double your risk of blood cancer. BTW Big Pharma has been using it as the “secret ingredient” in some 300 pain, cold, and allergy products.
Medical madness and deadly new Tylenol recommendations: Hurt feelings? Pop some acetaminophen. UCLA neuroscientists threw drugs at hurt feelings to find that people who took the liver killing painkillers felt better than people who took the placebo. Did you know that acetaminophen overdose brings over 56,000 ER visits and hundreds of deaths every year and is the single biggest cause of acute liver failure in the country? Would dying hurt your feelings more? How about some abdominal pain, nausea, the sweats, and kidney failure? People, we have got to get a grip!
Liver poisoning is extremely common with Tylenol use resulting in about 30,000 cases reported each year. One of the common problems is that Tylenol is often a “hidden” secondary ingredient in many over-the-counter medications and double dosages occur easily. Unfortunately, Tylenol has a very tight therapeutic window for some and, when coupled with glutathione depletion, the liver has extreme difficulties overcoming even a little Tylenol.
A massive, multi-country study found that youth that take Tylenol are twice as likely to develop asthma. Using acetaminophen during pregnancy results in a greater likelihood for the child to develop asthma later.
Recent research has revealed a very significant link (in young children) between administration of Tylenol and autism. In an NIH study/survey there was found a definite link between the MMR vaccine and acetaminophen given at the same time.
Pediatricians are known to tell parents to “load the child with Tylenol before bringing them in for a MMR shot”. Some researchers have even speculated if this could be the actual cause of the autism “epidemic”.
Tylenol breaks down to NAPQI (N-acetyl-p-benzoquinone imine) is a toxic byproduct produced during the xenobiotic metabolism of the analgesic paracetamol (acetaminophen) which breaks down the master antioxidant of the body, glutathione, in large amounts, and kills the liver, kidneys and brain.
Killer trivia: When OxyContin was first introduced in Canada in 2000, painkiller-related deaths spiked by a whopping 41%.
FDA under fire for being too secretive! THE FDA’s operating style has come under fire from critics who have charged that the agency is too slow to disclose drug safety issues. Problems with FDA transparency were highlighted in 2004 when the popular but deadly painkiller Vioxx was pulled from the market five years after its approval. Critics say lives could have been saved if the agency had opened up more. There were over 27,000 deaths from heart attack and sudden cardiac Vioxx-related death between 1999-2003.
Arthritis pain: Big pharma drugs are acid and cause arthritis! Most drugs are alkaloids that contain nitrogen. These drugs have to be converted first to nitric acid and then to the mineral salt, sodium, potassium or calcium nitrate before they can be excreted. Aspirin, Motrin, and anti-inflammatory medicines for arthritis, actually make the arthritis worse in the long run. This is because aspirin and other alkaloids are converted to strong acids in their excretion. Strong acids make for hurting joints and aching bones. The excess acids we consume and the drug acids are stored in the joints. Fluid taken from an inflamed joint is always acidic.
Arthritis now affects about 36% of obese American adults. A healthy body weight keeps your joints from being stressed and strained leading to more wear and tear, inflammation, and stiffness, leading to arthritis pain. Exercise, watch your diet, consider trying gluten free, take lots of fish oil and ascorbic acid and reduce your mental stress to help overcome arthritis symptoms.
A 2006 survey of arthritis patients found that daily fish oil supplements reduced pain in 60% of patients.
I recently had a rheumatoid arthritis lady that did a 3-week juice fast and started a vegetarian diet. After almost 20 years on various medications and pending knee replacement surgery she became pain free–drug free. She went back to the same rheumatologist she has seen for a dozen years and this doc told her “that’s impossible–you’re nuts for even trying that”, called me a Witch Doctor and walked out on her. Some doctors don’t have the sense that God gave a cabbage.
Food additives such as MSG often cause trouble for pain patients. MSG-a high-sodium flavor enhancer often added to fast food, Chinese food, and processed packaged foods-is a an excitatory neurotransmitter that can stimulate pain receptors; glutamate levels in spinal fluid have been shown to correlate with pain levels in fibromyalgia patients.
Gluten sensitivity causes pain, tissue inflammation, and shorts your body of leptin, which is also responsible to normalize peripheral pain receptors in the spinal column. When you interfere with leptin you could be causing Fibromyalgia and MS symptoms.
Read more here: Gluten: The Whiter the Bread, the Sooner You’re Dead Lecture notes from Real Health Talk 4/22/12
Eating too fast and taking too large of a meal interferes with leptin (which by the way also helps regulate cholesterol). If you are eating too fast then the stomach has to produce more acid to break things down. This upsets the balance of grehlin in the stomach and leptin signals don’t move as fast from the fat cells to indicate balance of fat storage vs demands in the body. Too fast eating causes overeating or at the very least, loss of nutrients.
Too much protein in our diets causes us to become acidic and predisposes us to inflammation, degenerative diseases and joint pain.
Read more: Kidney Stones Causes and Natural Solutions: What causes kidney stones and how to get rid of them
Hypothyroidism can cause or least contribute to many common, serious medical problems such as: Coronary artery disease, Congestive heart failure, Chronic fatigue, Depression, Memory problems, Fibromyalgia, Painful muscles, Attention deficit, Chronic or recurrent infections, fertility problems and menstrual irregularities. Don’t believe the over-wide TSH blood test though. Go by your basal body temperature.
Read more: Thyroid Support: A comprehensive article on thyroid function
Another Statin study found that for every 10,000 women treated with these Statins, there are 74 cases of liver dysfunction, 23 patients who suffer acute kidney failure, 307 cases of cataracts and 39 cases of myopathy AKA severe, debilitating and often irreversible muscle pain.
Which is worse? The conjured disease or the medication’s “side effects”? A review published in the American Journal of Cardiovascular Drugs found nearly 900 studies of adverse effects linked to statin drugs. Heart attacks, muscle problems, cognitive problems, peripheral neuropathies, increases in blood glucose levels, tendon problems, increased liver enzymes, liver damage, nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, constipation, headaches and skin rash are known side effects.
The most common reason to have a gallbladder removed is because of gallstones causing pain and obstructing the bile. A good, old fashioned gall bladder/liver cleanse can save you from a lifetime of complications! I have helped scores of people keep their gall bladders and live pain free with this simple cleanse:
Read more: Gallbladder and Liver Cleanse: How to flush out the gallstones from the liver and gallbladder
Vitamin D deficiency was noted in 69% of the patients with inflammatory joint diseases or connective tissue diseases, 77% with soft tissue rheumatism, 62% with osteoarthritis, 75% with back pain, and 71% with osteoporosis. Did you get your vitamin D today?
Taking too much synthetic Vitamin D called Calciferol and you might just end up with muscle weakness, apathy, headache, anorexia, irritability, nausea, vomiting, and bone pain. Keep on taking too much and you could get constipation, anorexia, abdominal cramps, polydipsia, polyuria, backache, hyperlipidemia, and hypercalcemia. What are we learning here peeps? Avoid calciferol, get your vitamin D from the sun or and take the natural cholecalciferol.
Oral contraceptives may be a top contributor to sexual pain. The opening to the vagina is very rich in androgen receptors, which means that testosterone (in addition to estrogen) is necessary to keep the area healthy. Many birth-control pills contain progestins, which cause a drop in the level of “free” testosterone. If levels are too low, it can lead to vaginal dryness, pain and decreased libido.
Natural solutions for pain
- Go gluten free! Gluten is a pain-causing protein in people as gluten interferes with the integration of pain in the leptin regulated spinal pain receptors.
- Eat slower! Chew your food and make it a relaxed meal.
- Eat less protein and more raw, organic fruits and veggies. Growing children and pregnant women require more protein than adults because they are generating bones, muscles, flesh and blood. The average adult requires a maximum intake of 54g of protein a day.
- Animal proteins found in poultry, seafood, eggs and red meat contain more purines than vegetable proteins. Purines raise uric acid levels in the blood and consequently increase uric acid deposits in the joints. This leads to gout which is actually an arthritic joint condition. While protein is very important, it becomes a problem when consumed in excessive amounts that exceed nutritional demands. Joint pain, gout and arthritis are rare in countries where meat is eaten in small quantities such as New Zealand, China, Japan and Africa. When people from these cultures migrate to areas where a heavy meat protein diet is consumed the rates of joint pain increase dramatically to levels identical to typical Americans.
- Avoid MSG: MSG destroys neurons in the hypothalamus of the brain that read the hormone leptin to signal your brain that you are full. Gluten directly interferes with you production of leptin on the digestive end. You are better off to avoid both of
these products in your diet no matter how healthy you appear to be. The best time to seek your health is while you still have
- Joint pain can also be caused by high fructose corn syrup. Headaches by liver burden and dehydration.
Herbs for pain
- Boswellia has been around for thousands of years and is one of Chinese Medicines’ answers to pain and inflammation. Boswellia works like the current OTR COX-2 inhibitor drugs – but without the side effects. Combining curcumin and boswellia was found superior to the arthritis drug Celebrex in a clinical study of osteoarthritis. The boswellia combo crunched pain for 64% of those taking it vs. only 29% of the Big Pharma group. Our champion works by fixing the inflammation and tissue damage where the sore loser works by masking symptoms AND causing “side effects”.
- Fructo Borate is a complex of boron coupled with plant carbohydrates found in fruits and vegetables. It has been shown to reduce joint pain in 79% of clinical volunteers suffering from mild to moderate osteoarthritis. Fructo Bborate helps the body absorb and use Vitamin D3, which in turn helps build bone, cartilage and much more. Fructo Borate also boosts DHEA, a hormone that supports the adrenal glands and can boost energy levels. Ask for it at your fav health food shoppe.
- Bromelain is the key anti-inflammatory compound in pineapples, which may sound like an unlikely source of healing powers, but bromelain has been shown to act as an effective natural anti-inflammatory that reduces pain and swelling, improves joint mobility and promotes tissue repair.
- Pineapples are rich in vitamin C, a water-soluble antioxidant that protects the aqueous areas of the body from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals can form plaque deposits in the arteries, which can lead to heart problems and atherosclerosis. They can also cause colon cancer, joint pain and arthritis. But with a vitamin C rich diet, which includes eating fruits like pineapples, can prevent these diseases. The most bromelain is in the pineapple core.
- Meadowsweet and Willow Bark: When tested against aspirin, these herbs have similar pain-relieving results. But unlike aspirin, these herbs increase the secretion of the stomach mucus membrane. This helps avoid aspirin’s side effects like stomach pain, bleeding and ulcers.
- Fish oil! The best way to lower your heart risk is through better eating and fish oil capsules. Omega-3 fatty acids will do a much better job of boosting your cardiovascular health and they come with none of the risks of daily aspirin use. Fish oil helps relieve the pain of bursitis, to help our muscles and tendons move painlessly. This inflammation is associated with the production of prostaglandins which promote inflammation in the body. Fish oils contain high concentrations of omega-3 fatty acids, which have been proven to shift the balance from prostaglandins that increase inflammation to those that lessen it. Research both in the laboratory and in human trials demonstrates that omega-3s reduce inflammation and pain associated with arthritis and bursitis.
- Coffee enemas reduce body toxin loads and inflammation. People I have do a coffee enema almost invariably report a big reduction in pain immediately following a coffee enema.
Coffee Enemas: A Most Powerful Treatment How coffee enemas detoxify the liver
- Gallbladder, liver cleanses unburden the liver and gall bladder that are at the root of a lot of mid-back pain. Liver dysfunction leads to chronic poor health, disease and death. Symptoms of a toxic and sluggish liver can be vague, but chronic fatigue, chronic pain and/or increased irritability are good indicators of liver trouble. Mainstream medicine only tests for major problems such as hepatitis, sclerosis and fatty liver. Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine practitioners are far and away better at diagnosing liver problems in their early phases.
Gallbladder and Liver Cleanse: How to flush out the gallstones from the liver and gallbladder
- Heavy metal detoxifying: Cilantro tablets will move heavy metals out of the tissues and chlorella tablets will bind to the metals to remove them. Take 4-6 tabs of cilantro after breakfast followed in two hours or so with 4-6 tabs of chlorella. Do the same thing after lunch.
- Acupuncture works to relieve pain? Well Duh! A molecule which may control how acupuncture relieves pain has been pinpointed by US researchers. Adenosine–a natural painkiller–increases in tissues near acupuncture sites during and immediately after an acupuncture treatment. The level of adenosine in the tissues near the needles was 24 times greater than before the treatment.
The nations are deceived: Pharmakeia is what deceives the nations in the book of Revelations 18:23 in the bible. Are we there yet?
Authored by Cancer Nutritionist Craig Stellpflug NDC, CNC, Dayspring Cancer Clinic Scottsdale, AZ
Copyright 2007 Craig Stellpflug© Permission is hereby granted to copy and distribute this article but only in its entirety